Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Why does makeup stress me out so much?

I think I have been to the website of every makeup artist in Perth at least twice. I check their portfolio, I google the death out of them in the hope of finding a comment on a forum about them, I pick one of them and contact them only to find that they are booked for my day and then I start the entire process over again. This has been going on for months. About two weeks ago I told myself to stop being stupid, emailed a couple, found them to be free, picked one and added 'book trial with makeup lady' to my to-do list.

Today I get home, take a deep breath, dial the first couple of digits of her phone number... then hang up and start googling again.
What on earth is wrong with me?!?!
I finally forced myself to dial the number and have booked a trial in for the 20th of this month. I don't know why, but I am still freaking out and nervous. It's just a trial for crying out loud!

Has anyone else had this sort of indecisiveness about something so stupid?

I will leave you now with the 'cover picture' off the website of the lady who I will be having my trial with (Elsie Makeup Artistry). I really like the picture (even though it's probably been photoshopped like crazy) and looking at it is helping to calm me down a little.

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. I have hated my make-up when I've had it done professionally. I'm thinking on the day I'll just buy some MAC and get my beauty-savvy MOH to do it.

    Good luck with yours, I'm sure it'll be great!

    ReplyDelete